Hello World, you look wonderful today! :)
Today I've got several things to share with you, so let's just start right away with a new project:
This is the start of a new blanket, it will be another double-ended crochet (or "Crochenit") blanket, like the "Magic Blanket" I've made last year. I started the blanket last week-end with some left-over yarn in my stash, and so far I've made about 30cm. I'll tell you more about the how's and why's in another post when I've made some more progress.
When I went through my stash last week-end, I was also delighted to find a bunch of motifs for the Beyond the Square Challenge, that I had made before I went on vacation - and I had totally forgot about them. Now I just have to weave in the ends and block the motifs, so I can publish them here on my blog. While I was gone, a few girls have joined our Challenge and added their motifs to the Gallery, so I've also updated the Challenge News today to welcome the new members to our little party.
In the News Update, I've also mentioned Kara's Granny Month over at Petals to Picots, and I thought I'd recommend her idea here as well, because it might be interesting to all of you who love Granny Squares (and who of us doesn't? *gg*)
Finally, I'd like to thank the lovely ladies who gave me the "One Lovely Blog"-Award recently: Thank you Craftgirl78, Debi Y., TACIStudio, Ali and Ruby/Moley Makes - I really appreciate this honor!
Now 7 facts about me. Okay, this is easy this time, I'll just sum up a few things about our vacation:
In the past few weeks I've...
- rooted for the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park, MI (but still don't get the rules of Baseball)
- got soaking wet in the mists of the Niagara Falls, Canada (even my camera stopped working for a while - the shock!!!)
- got a bad bad sunburn at Venice Beach, CA (our own fault: we've forgot the sun-lotion at the hotel)
- had a mexican Dinner in Tijuana, Mexico (another thing accomplished on my life's to-do-list)
- played Poker at the El Dorado in Reno, NV (and the hotel was the best and cheapest during our road-trip. Weird.)
- walked over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, CA (taking lots of pictures, it took us about an hour)
- held a Tarantula in a Tattoo Parlor in Royal Oak, MI (while John got his "D" for Detroit on his arm)
Last but not least, I'd like to pass this award on to
Even if you don't play along in the award-games: I love visiting your blogs, just wanted to let you know... :)
Thanks for stopping by in k-town today,
have a lovely week-end everybody!