I like lists - not so much to-do-lists, but rather wishlists and lists of things I like, and so it seemed reasonable to call this new feature on my blog "The Like List".
As the name says, in this category I want to share things that I like: this can be products, books, pictures, ideas and/or links - mostly related to crochet, crafts in general and other things that could be interesting to you as a crafter and blogger.
Of course this concept isn't new, and so I thought that in my first "Like List" I recommend some blogs that have similar kinds of recurring features:
- Crochet Link Love on Crochet Concupiscence: this is my favorite category on Kathryn's blog. In her weekly round-up she shares links to the most interesting articles she's found in the crochet world this week. These up-to-date recommendations include crochet art, new free patterns, tutorials and how-to's, new books, interesting blog-posts and more. Keep it up, Kathryn!
- The Free Pattern Roundups on moogly: in this recurring feature, Tamara collects links to free crochet patterns on the internet, always having a specific topic. Some of her recent round-ups featured crocheted skulls, Halloween pet costumes, hexagons, legwarmers or crochet-for-a-cause patterns.
|one sheepish girl|
- The Blush List on One Sheepish Girl: this list is different from the ones mentioned above, because Meredith shares more personal favorites in different categories like crochet/knit/felt etc., Etsy, style, art, food and more. The Blush List usually has a theme like "Sweater Weather", "Patterns and Prints" or "Dots All Over". Fun to read and be inspired!
- The A List on The Yvestown Blog: Another personal list with categories like "a book to read", "a film to see", "a CD to listen to" and more. I really enjoy this unobtrusive glimpse into Yvonne's personal favorites.
- Our Friday Five on eighteen25. Now maybe I should say a few things about this website, because I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned it here before: this is not a crochet blog (I think I've never seen something crocheted on this blog), but the three sisters Jamie, Jodie and Jennifer offer all kinds of other crafty things, lots of tutorials, recipes, and more. I especially adore their free printables! So, now back to the Friday Five: Every Friday, one of the sisters shares her favorites of the week, this can be products, food, favorite songs, web-finds and more. Right now they have Spooctacular September on their blog with lots of Halloween ideas, but I haven't seen the Friday Five the whole month - hope they'll come back with this, because I've really enjoyed reading this series!
|Dly's Hooks and Yarns|
- Two on Tuesday on Dly's Hooks and Yarns: a completely different concept than the other series mentioned above. Debi's Two on Tuesday is not a list in the strict sense, just two little points that make you smile and remind you that there's always something to be grateful for, and so it's definitely on my personal Like List!
So, this was my first Like List, with only six points to start with. But that's okay, I don't want to conjure 10 links out of thin air just to have a Top10! I hope these links were interesting to you - if you know some more crochet/craft related lists that I should know about, please leave a comment and let me know!
Have a great day,
Maybe you'd like to know, that...
- This is not a ranking. I present the items on the list in an order that seems reasonable to me.
- I'm NOT paid for mentioning any of the websites or products.
- When I'm using pictures, I always try to let the owner know that I'm doing so (if it's possible to find out the owner of a picture). If I unknowingly violate some rights, please let me know and I'll remove the according picture at once.